MSME Registration Consultant is for Manufacturer, Exporter, Importer supplier, Service providers like contractor, repair and maintenance.
Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises – The Engine of inclusive growth & development
The registration under Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development (MSMED) Act, 2006 is for facilitating the promotion and development and enhancing the competitiveness of Micro, Small and Medium enterprises.
What are Micro, Small and Medium enterprises?
The following slabs have been prescribed under the MSMED Act to determine the status of the Enterprise:
|No.||Type of Enterprise||Manufacturing Industry
(Investment in Plant and Machinery)
(Investment in Equipments)
|1||Micro||Does not exceed Rs. 25 Lakh||Does not exceed Rs. 10 Lakh|
|2||Small||Exceeds Rs. 25 Lakh but does not exceed Rs. 5 Crore||Exceeds Rs. 10 Lakh but does not exceed Rs. 2 Crore|
|3||Medium||Exceeds Rs. 5 Crore but does not exceed Rs. 10 Crore||Exceeds Rs. 2 Crore but does not exceed Rs. 5 Crore|
What are Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) and how MSME (Manufacturing) are different from MSME (Services)?
In accordance with the provision of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises Development (MSMED) Act, 2006 the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) are classified in two Classes:
(a) Manufacturing Enterprises- The enterprises engaged in the manufacture or production of goods pertaining to any industry specified in the first schedule to the industries (Development and regulation) Act, 1951). The Manufacturing Enterprise is defined in terms of investment in Plant & Machinery.
(b) Service Enterprises: The enterprises engaged in providing or rendering of services and are defined in terms of investment in equipment.
The limit for investment in plant and machinery / equipment for manufacturing / service enterprises, as notified, vide S.O. 1642(E) dtd.29-09-2006 are as under:
Investment in equipments
Micro Enterprises Does not exceed ten lakh rupees:
Small Enterprises More than ten lakh rupees but does not exceed two crore rupees
Medium Enterprises More than two crore rupees but does not exceed five core rupees
Advantages of SSI or MSME Registration
Online MSME registration enables the enterprises to claim various benefits offered by the Governments under the MSMED Act. Here are benefits to claim through online SSI registration.
Rebate on Trademark Application
The Businesses which has obtained the MSME Registration certificate can get 50% rebate of the Government Fees during the registration of trademark. The Government fee prescribed for the partnership firms, LLPs and Companies etc. is Rs 9000/- for online Trademark Registration Application. In given case, said entity can get itself registered under the Act and claim rebate based on the MSME certificate.
Other benefits and Schemes
- The registered entity can get protection against the delayed payments from the buyers and the buyers are also liable to make payment on time.
- The MSME enterprises may manufacture any product. However, there is a list of 20 items, which are reserved exclusively for this sector of enterprises.
- A separate Council ‘Micro and Small Enterprises Facilitation Council’ is established for timely resolution of disputes with the consumers
- Market Development Assistance for MSME’s
- Upgradation support in the technology and Quality support for the MSME
- Online sanction of loans is also planned through Trade Electronic Receivable Discounting System (TReDS) platform
- Subsidies from government for small business for cold chain
- Tariff subsidies on Power, Excise exemption and regulations, Subsidy on Capital investment, and several other advantages and benefits.Services provided in